We do something similar except because our locations are only 80km apart we
can run Metro Mirror.

To do DR we flash to tertiary volumes using a small Z LPAR but looking at
changing that to using CSM with practice volumes as per this video from the
Washington Systems Center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9qi0SPclws&index=21&list=LLk5ckV6tZvGgV6GU1FD-6wg&t=204s

We then IPL from the tertiaries using CBU.

I had quite a few email exchanges with the presenter Paul which were very
informative. He had since retired though.

The next challenge is how to get back after a DR event.

Larry