From: "Peter Relson" <rel...@us.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:20:00 AM
Subject: CPU time and zIIP

If the comment is correct that the SDSF display is using ASCBEJST, then
the statement
"ZIIP is not reported as part of CPU."
is not correct with respect to that display.

ASCBEJST includes all time, whether standard CP or zIIP.
There are additional fields, such as ASSB_TIME_ON_CP, that do not include
zIIP.

Fields in SMF records do use ASSB_TIME_ON_CP rather than ASCBEJST. For
those fields, the statement is correct.

I wasn't sure in what way the OP concluded that zIIP was or was not
included when he wrote "must not be true" and "I'm thinking it is not".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design