From: "Peter Relson" <rel...@us.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:09:40 AM
Subject: Re: CPU time and zIIP

<snip>
I see CPUtime as 4093.12, GCPUtime is 2187.06 and Ziiptime is 2.17, that's
not adding up since all other times, other than accumulated time is zero
</snip>

There is no reason these should add up, although I don't have the
information about where the "source" is for GCPUTime and "zIIP time", but
I can guess.

CPU time includes preemptable SRB time and non-preemptable SRB time.
GCPU time likely does not (the field I am thinking of does not).
zIIP time certainly does not include non-preemptable SRB time or any
preemptable SRB time other than for enclave SRBs and even then only
enclave SRBs that are running on zIIPs. And it will include task time for
cases such as Java.

<snip>
I assumed since SDSF compartmentalized the zIIP, zAAP, and zICP times that
they must not be included in the CPU-Time field. Like Carmen noted, when I
add the GCP-Time, zIIP-Time, zAAP-Time, and zICP-Time it does not
calculate
out to be the same as the CPU-Time or ECPU-Time amount.
</snip>

Not a good assumption. These times were not "compartmentalized" by SDSF
itself. SDSF displays using the "compartments" that the system uses for
various reasons.
It would be extremely surprising if the "addition" matched the CPU-Time or
ECPU-Time.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design