On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:43:15 +0400, Peter wrote:

>'Have you tried                                                  ISO-8859-6?
>iconv on Linux has IBM420 and ISO8859-6'
>
>Can I call that from CSSMTP ? Any manual which can guide me to do this ?

Given that CSSMTP appears to use "iconv", try "iconv -l"; capture the output,
and look for useful character sets.  The name may not match exactly; look
for a match of the numeric part.

I have found that ISPF Edit/View does a creditable job on foreign characters
with x3270 setting the host CCSID as needed and desktop to UTF-8.

>On Thu, 28 Mar, 2019, 7:49 PM Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>
>> On 2019-03-28, at 09:23:51, Peter wrote:
>> > When I try to use the newly translation table source as dataset  in CSSMTP
>> > under _ICONV parm at /etc/cssmtp.env it fails saying the CCSID is not
>> > supported.
>> >
>> > Which means zOS don't have IBM-420. How do I get create the new IBM-420 in
>> > the system to use it ?

-- gil