Mark Jacobs wrote:
>As far as I remember, Spool Datasets can't be defined as extended format,
>only largeds. Since pervasive encryption is only for extended format
>datasets, then I believe the answer is no, JES2 Spool datasets can't be
>encrypted.

Not yet. However, in IBM's recent preview announcement of z/OS 2.4, IBM
said there are plans to add at least two data set types to z/OS 2.4's Data
Set Encryption: JES2-managed data sets on SPOOL, and PDSE.

IBM expects z/OS 2.4 will be generally available in September, 2019. If
that's not soon enough, ask your friendly IBM Representative whether and
how it'd be possible to participate in any z/OS Early Support Program
(ESP).

The usual disclaimers apply, including possible changes in IBM's plans.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z & LinuxONE

E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com