"I'm trying to understand why some sites
are running multiple CICS regions because
2 GiB is not enough. Yet they haven't
gone to AM64..."

Who is going to pay for programmer time to convert applications to 64-bit?
The cost of running mulitple 2GB regions is less than the cost to convert
the applications, debug and test them.

Joe