Here's one: By acting dumb (well, even more than usual) I got the Help Desk where I worked to give me my name, the prod system id, my userid, and a password reset. I gave no information other than calling from my own desk phone.

The real reason for the call was that I heard they were using the same string for all password reset requests, and (as one of the RACF support people) I wanted to surreptitiously test that. But when they answered the phone with "Hello Tom Brennan", I thought I'd take the ruse as far as possible.

The Help Desk wants to help.