There are ways to collect IDs that might be used to penetrate the
mainframe:

   - users defined to UADS but not to RACF.
   - IBMUSER is active and password wasn't changed.
   - Users assigned to products. until x/os 2.2, if no password assigned,
   the password was the default group (TX ibm for fixing that). userid's can
   be guessed.
   - old os versions used to have some TSOxx userid's.
   - without naming a product, -( the uss directories and logs of some
   password sync and governance solutions are not protected.

and some other techniques that can't be described here. In short, there are
ways. the idea is to collect the data without creating violations. trickey,
but works well.

ITschak

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:17 PM Tom Brennan <t...@tombrennansoftware.com>
wrote:

> I was really talking about things I'd do once I got APF/RACF authority.
> On Windows even if I got admin auth on a server, I wouldn't know what to
> do with it.
>
> On 5/7/2019 10:46 AM, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> > How will knowledge of control blocks, SVCs, etc., allow you to escalate
> your privileges beyond those assigned to your userid and groupid?
> >

> > --
> > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> > http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Contiguous Monitoring
for Legacy **|  *