I recently discovered that the maximum path length for dynamic
allocation key 8017 (Unix PATH name) is 255 characters, in spite of
the fact that the text unit length field is 16 bits. While most "human
generated" path lengths will not be that long, software generated paths
can easily exceed that. Anyone who has used npm on Windows knows
exactly what I'm talking about, and npm is now being used on z/OS
(with node.js).

I have opened an RFE to expand this length; please consider voting for it.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=132716

Thanks!

-- Jerry