From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 4:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DR Failover

[External Email]

(Resurrecting an old thread) We're being 'urged' to demonstrate that we can
fail over to our internal DR site, run for a while, then fail back. As I
indicated previously, we've done countless short tests but never allowed
production to run in DR; hence no need to fail back. My question here is not
technical. Our DR site (self-owned and managed) runs normally with a single CP
supported by enough CBU to run production. We have purchased several full power
tests to enable up to 10 days of testing per outing. If you have a similar
setup,

1. Have you performed an extended full-power test?

2. Does the 10-day testing limit come into play?

3. From our perspective, we are only testing, but we would be dealing with real
production data in and out. Will this lead to a contractual conundrum?

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company