From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Laurence Chiu <lch...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2019 10:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DR Failover

I need to check with our account manager again but this is my
understanding. We just replaced our DR mainframe with a Z14 ZR1. Part of
the acceptance testing was running our full DR suite at the DR site. So we
activated a CBU which lasted 14 days I am told and ran our tests.  The
purchase of the new mainframe included 5 years of CBU licences, 2 a year
for tests and a number we can activate if we experienced a real DR event.
For a test we can run 14 days (we got close to 14 days  on our last test
since we had some issues that dragged out the testing) and if we were in a
real DR event we can run for 90 days. I have been informed that should we
ever have to run in DR for real, then IBM software is licensed and our our
ISV's would provide temporary keys for us to run for that period of time on
the understanding that we are now not running at the production site.  In
fact during the DR acceptance we had to apply some temporary keys for the
third party software.

As usual YMMV.