All:

I need to do some research on how job is cancelled via the Operator , Abend
S222. I read through some of the Boston share doc of some time ago by Ed,
Sam and Skip. Its great.
I have a question in regard to something that was stated on the
presentation.

I have a job written in Cobol, this job has mission critical data storage
in a table or array in program storage and that job has been cancelled by
an Operator. I dont want to lose that data.
I want to know how i should approach it. The other qualifier here is that
this is Cobol v4.2 which i am stuck with.

Would I have to write a non-LE assembler caller and somehow set and ESPIE
or ESTAE and then somehow involve CALLRTM ?
I have done a lot of digging and not sure recovery of this nature ( LE ) is
mentioned. I understand Condition Handling can be called also but
will it handle an Operator cancel ...I know there are products, thats not
an option because of cost.

Regards,

--

*IDMWORKS *

Scott Ford

z/OS Dev.

“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
friend or collegue you demean yourself”

www.idmworks.com

scott.f...@idmworks.com

Blog: www.idmworks.com/blog

*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
printout thereof.*