I might be going off on a weird tangent. But if this is a started task,
instead of a program running in a batch job. And if it can be run as a
single step STC (not sure if this is a requirement). And it resides in an
APF authorized library. Then I would "register" the program in the SCHEDnn
member with the PPT option of NOCANCEL. If anyone issues a CANCEL command,
it will be rejected. I think that a FORCE nnnnn,ARM will still work
however. But not many people, other than sysprogs, use that. I might ever
use the SYST option:

PPT PROGRAM(myprog) NOCANCEL SYST

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.ieae200/ieae200540.htm

--
This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown