GPL requires that if you modify the source and redistribute the source or
derivative works (binaries) you need to make the source available publicly.  If
you get the source, modify it and use the mods in an org and are not
redistributing it you do not have to make your private work public.

You’ll notice for all the Rocket ports that they provide a source tar with the
changes they made on their website.  The originating project does not need to
accept the changes, you only have to “publish” them.

There are other implications to the license but I’ll stop here.

>> I understand GPL requires that the source be somehow available.
>>
>> -- gil

Matt Hogstrom
m...@hogstrom.org
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook <https://facebook.com/matt.hogstrom>  LinkedIn
<https://linkedin/in/mhogstrom>  Twitter <https://twitter.com/hogstrom>

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom