Think of ZCX as a means of hosting Linux based software inside of a z/OS system
much like one would run VirtualBox or VMware on a system to host another OS.
For z/OS I see two main benefits.  First, the open source software that so much
new tech is built on does not have to be ported to USS but we can use it
natively (notwithstanding the need for 390x binaries).

You could run dependent systems on platform where you used to run the software
in another cloud.  Service Management Unit, zAware, IBM operations Analytics
for Z and a number of other current products are based on Linux open source.
You get to save time, money, and run your supporting software on platform.

Also, new work can be hosted on platform and co-located with other runtimes
like CICS, IMS or Db2 and enjoy the lower latency, and business continuity of
running in a Sysplex.

Winner winner chicken dinner I think.

Matt Hogstrom
m...@hogstrom.org
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook <https://facebook.com/matt.hogstrom>  LinkedIn
<https://linkedin/in/mhogstrom>  Twitter <https://twitter.com/hogstrom>

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom