From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Bill Johnson <00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2019 5:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Just how secure are mainframes? | Trevor Eddolls

He’s trying to sell his company’s security services. Something I thought was
not allowed on this list.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, June 2, 2019, 4:04 PM, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>  * As part of a APF authorized product there is a SVC or PC routine
>    that when called will turn on the JSBCAUTH bit

Ouch!

If it's APF authorized then why does it need to do that? And why would you
allow such a vendor in the door?

Did you have a tool that discovered that the vendor's SVC turned on JSCBAUTH,
or did you have to read the code like the rest of us?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3