On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 7:24 AM Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Yes there's a way -- creating a PC routine that accomplishes doing so.
> Nothing else is acceptable, although the literal answer would be "LCTL".

Thanks. I was hoping for a z/OS API. The closest I could find to subvert is
SYNCHX to set the PKM by using the KEYMASK= operand. There is nothing in
the documentation that the new PKM must be a subset of the current PKM.
But, in any case, I have decided to recode my program to not need this
ability.

,KEYMASK=addrSpecifies the address of a halfword, which along with the
protect key of the currently active TCB, will be an operand in an OR
instruction. The results of that instruction produce the PKM of the routine
to which your program will take a synchronous exit.

If you specify KEYMASK, do not specify XMENV.

> Peter Relson
> z/OS Core Technology Design

This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown