Peter -

You did not state any of the following information to help you

   1) What product are you using for full volume dump
   2)  Show JCL and Control cards for product
   3) Is it a physical or logical dump
   4) Did you review the manual for the tool you are using to dump for a
RESTORE?

Each product that could be used for it typically has examples in their manuals.

The best way to post is to give specific information rather than general.
There are many tools and many ways to do something.  By just giving a question
of HOW without details will cause a long delay in providing an answer.

Lizette