The ALIAS definition goes into the MASTER CATALOG.
The Alias needs to be defined on every system you want to access it from.
On a system where the alias is defined in the master catalog the
datasets will be cataloged in the user catalog.
On a system where the alias has not been defined in the master catalog
the datasets will be cataloged in the master catalog.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 6:23 PM Elaine Beal <elaine.b...@gxs.com> wrote:

> I have a 2 LPAR sysplex and a shared user catalog
> the catalog has only 2 alias entries
>
> when I allocate a new dsn (iefbr14) on one of the LPARs, say LPARA, listcat's
> look as expected
>
> but on the other LPARB listcat up to some level of qualifiers the dataset is
> not listed
> alias sys7.r30
>
> listcat  fqdsn             -  SYS7.R30.V22.RSU.ROOT.HFS           displays as
> expected
> remove last llq          -  SYS7.R30.V22.RSU.ROOT                 displays as
> expected
> remove next llq dsn   -  SYS7.R30.V22.RSU                           displays
> as expected
> remove any more llq and dataset does not list    SYS7.R30.V22
>

> Thanks,
> Elaine

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA