At least in my experience with Windows command line FTP there's a failure to parse the
intermediate "dir" done by FTP before getting each member.
I've seen this in other (GUI) FTP tools where the display of the PDS directory appears
"wonky".   It may work if your PDS has no ISPF or other data in the member
information in the PDS directory.
I've worked around this using Object Rexx, which is now free, open source and
contains FTP functions.  And there are some GUI FTP tools, the one which ships
with IBM PCOMM for instance, which work correctly.  Unsurprisingly you can do
an mget from AIX, too.
Last time I looked there's no RFC which describes exactly what the format of
the response to  DIR request is.

Regards,
John

Is there any kind of trace can be set on ftpd on why it just doesn't
prompts me with a PDS member to download post the message 200 ?

Strange it allows me to download other PDSes and only with one specific PDS
it fails