On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:38:14 -0500, Kirk Wolf wrote:

>There's a more serious problem:  something on your server is broken when
>downloading PDFs from some clients.   You are given an HTTP 400 Bad Request
>response.
>
>Browsers seem to work, but url links in PDFs from two PDF viewers that I
>tried are completely broken.  This makes it impossible to have, say, a
>SHARE pdf presentation that links to an IBM V2R4 pdf publication.
>
>(It isn't something related to different "User-Agent" strings; I tried
>copying my Chrome agent string to curl -A and it fails the same way.)
>
>Here's an example of the failure using "curl":
>
>*> curl -v -L
>https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zOSV2R4sc276806/$file/foto100_v2r4.pdf

Is this a virtual host?:
507 $ nslookup www-01.ibm.com
Server:         172.17.64.1
Address:        172.17.64.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www-01.ibm.com  canonical name = www-01-ext.ibm.net.
www-01-ext.ibm.net      canonical name = outer-ccdn-dual.ibmcom.edgekey.net.
outer-ccdn-dual.ibmcom.edgekey.net      canonical name =
outer-ccdn-dual.ibmcom.edgekey.net.globalredir.akadns.net.
outer-ccdn-dual.ibmcom.edgekey.net.globalredir.akadns.net       canonical name
= e2874.dscx.akamaiedge.net.
Name:   e2874.dscx.akamaiedge.net
Address: 23.2.47.145

... in such cases, I've sometimes found that supplying a "Hostname: ..."
header helps.

-- gil