From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Ross
Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: COBOL for z/OS V6R2M0

[External Email]

>I have updated the COBOL options using IGY620.SIGYSAMP(IGYWDOPT), SMP/E
>usermod to update the COBOL options.  IGY620.SIGYCOMP is in the system
>link list, and the usermod updates IGYCDOPT in that load library.
>After updatin g the module I refresh LLA with F LLA,REFRESH.
>
>I have used ISRDDN to search both the system link list and LPA for
>module IGYCDOPT.  It only appears in the link listed load library
>IGY620.SIGYLOAD.
>
>I have changed ARCH=3D7 to ARCH=3D12, OPT=3D0 to OPT=3D2, and NOBLOCK0
>to BLOCK0.  The changes I have made do not show up when I run a COBOL
>compile after applying the usermod, and refreshing LLA.  I have tried
>RESTORING the usermod, refreshing LLA, and APPLY'ing the usermod again.
>Still the same results.

Very strange!  Have you confirmed that your updated IGYCDOPT is actually in
SIGYCOMP?  Checked the 'compile date' etc?  Have you confirmed that you got
RC=0 from the assemble of igycdopt?  One thing to try and make some sense of
would be to put your new IGYCDTOP in a different dataset and STEPLIB that ahead
of your SIGYCOMP dataset and see if you still get the old options.
Soemthing is definitely not right here...maybe some restrictions with z/PDT?

Cheers,
TomR, AKA Captain COBOL  >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<

EXCITING NEWS! Beginning this fall, First Tennessee will become First Horizon.
Learn more:  thenewfirsthorizon.com

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.