>  We can dismiss TSO as a simple tool with no special comic book powers. But
> try to get anything useful done without it

BTDT,GTTS. You'd be amazed at what you can do without TSO. Some easy options
come to mind:

 1. Wylbur

 2. A virtual card reader under z/VM

 3. ZZSA

Of course, once you fix your VTAM problem, you can go back to TSO, which is
convenient. But, as the camel says, TMTOWTDI.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3