Hi,

it seems DFSORT is not accepting DATE operations on HEADER1.

If you've got at least one input record and can "accomodate" the record
itself with one more field, you can try something like this:

//SORTIN   DD *
AAA
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN     DD   *
 INREC IFTHEN=(WHEN=INIT,
  BUILD=(1,80,DATE1-1))
 SORT FIELDS=COPY
 OUTFIL FNAMES=SORTOUT,
  REMOVECC,
  HEADER1=('H',DATENS(4MD),TIMENS(24),81,8)
/*

the trick is to fix DATE-1 into the record itself (the sample is on a
"dummy" 80 lrecl).

Maybe S.K. could give you better hints.

Regards.
Max