Well, my previous post wasn't helpful.  Those keywords are for INREC, and
do not work in HEADER1=.

Your first issue is that DFSORT HEADER1= requires DATENS=(4MD),TIME=(24)...
i.e. the '=' are required.  But as previously stated, the '-1' isn't
supported at all.

Massimo B.'s advice should help you get on the right track, but it would be
much better if you can replace existing header records using INREC IFTHEN
BUILD logic.  In that case, DATE1-1 should work.  I'm guessing that maybe
your '0' record might be such a header.  If not, then Massimo's idea might
be the best.

It's surprising to me that DFSORT is missing such a trivial feature (DATE
offset in header) that SYNCSORT has.

Obviously, it would be great if Sri Kolusu would deliver his authoritative
answer, but until then, HTH.

sas