On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 01:15:42 PM PDT, Seymour J Metz wrote:

 >> You are referring to XML parse tree.

> Not even close. What are you smoking?

After looking at Perl's HTML5 DOM which came out this year, I stand corrected.
Apparently, people are willing to put a lot of effort and time into an obscure
seldom used browser. It's DOM object appears to be compatible with JS. Sorry
but I've ignored these obscure browser implementations

>> Even Nodejs parses uses the XML parser instead of the HTML parser.

> There is no "the XML parser" or "the HTML parser";

I actually meant AN instead of THE but I think you new my intent and you just
wanted to add to your list.

>> JavaScript OO was specifically designed around DOM.

> What language features do you believe have anything to do with DOM?

If you've used javascript, you will have noticed it doesn't have "CLASS". The
functionality exists but not in a way OO programmers would expect. There are
others but they are much harder to explain.

>> This has caused a huge debate about JavaScript being OO.

> No, what has cause a huge debate is that
> JS doesn't satisfy the standard definitions of OO language.

Either you don't fully understand JS or OO. Which OO criteria do you think JS
is missing? Remember, you may not like the JS implementation but it does exist.

>> JavaScript is part of HTML.

> Repeating the claim doesn't make I true.

Ok Mr Trump. I gave you justification for my claim. Apparently I need to take
your word on faith.

>> JavaScript could not exist outside of HTML until 2009 (nodejs).

> I can get you a good price on a calendar for 1995, which, last I heard, is
> earlier than 2009.

Am I supposed to take everything you say as gospel? Does that calendar include
the date and product? Does that product still exist?

>> I never said that CSS is OO. However it does have scripting capabilities

> How do you code, e.g., a sort, in CSS?

Are you really this clueless about programming languages. You should google the
definition of program. Or maybe it's scripting language you should google.
Where does it say the code must provide specific capabilities (e.g. sort)?

>> Only Netscape supported javascript for web sites. >> The rest of the world
>> only accepted JavaScript as part of HTML.

> I can get you a good price on a 1996 calendar.

Apparently repeating absolutely useless information will make us believe your
point.

>> You missed my point which is the definition of "macro" which you said has
>> not changed since 1950.

> Whoosh! Which part of "first hit" don't you understand.
> THE FIRST HIT MATCHED THE DEFINITION FROM THE 1950S.

You really should catch up with the times. What meaning do you think "first
hit" has in regards to Googles search engine AI? It did not turn up in my
results as far as I was willing to look. To make matters worse, you say things
like search google #def #if. #def is clearly misspelled and googles AI often
corrects this to real words instead of special phrases (e.g. #define).

>> What main stream languages prior to C (1970) used the word "macro" in the
>> same way as C?

> PL/I. Pretty much every mainframe assembler.
> OTOH, I've never seen anybody but you refer to COPY or INCLUDE s macro
> facilities.

> When did "macro" go from "special purpose command language" to being "copy"?

I used copy and include as an analogy. Clearly you haven't used C macro's much
otherwise you would have understood the analogy, said #define instead of #def
and known that #if is not valid in a C macro.

PL1 and assembler clearly have a proper macro language. You said prior to 1970
there were languages with a macro language similar to the C implementation.
What is that language.

Jon.