On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 01:32:58 PM PDT, Seymour J Metz
<sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:
 > DOM is not HTML, it's a representation of HTML files. HTML doesn't have
 > classes.

The HTML is converted into a DOM object. This object is used by javascript and
web browser to access the HTML. This object clearly meets the javascript OO.

>  Your analogy is bogus.
> The C preprocessor is defined in the same document as the rest of the
> language;
> that's not the case with DOM, HTML and JavaScript.

My analogy is spot on. Where did you get the idea that C is in a single
document. Have you heard of import? HTML includes using <script> and <style>.

> And server side scripts were available outside of Netscape in 1996.

Regardless, the browsers and javascript are tightly interconnected because the
DOM object is a javascript object.

Jon.