On 10/17/2019 3:20 AM, Sean Gleann wrote:

The idea that z/OSMF is intended to eventually replace SMP is quite
depressing, but - disclosure - I remember I had similar difficulty taking
SMP on board some aeons ago... using it is almost second nature now.
What? IBM never said z/OSMF is intended to replace SMP/E. Yes, over time we plan to replace the existing ServerPac installation with a z/OSMF based install, but z/OS software will continue to be serviced using PTFs and therefore using SMP/E.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.