On 26/10/2019 5:49 am, Mark Charles wrote:
Hi Martin - can you explain to a non-JAVA person how I would check the Heap
settings and what some proper settings might be?  I know my setup is still at
IBM defaults.

I'm skeptical that it would be a Java heap issue. Garbage collection is a memory operation so should not show up as I/O (perhaps as paging in an extreme case). People worry too much about garbage collection, I think.

My feeling is it's more related to opening and closing the same files thousands of times, as seen in the type 92 records. I only have a RDP system at Dallas so it's hard for me to raise an issue, but if someone with a proper support contract wants to raise an issue with IBM I'm happy to work with them.

Andrew Rowley

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software