>Date:    Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:01:24 -0800
>From:    Tom Brennan <t...@tombrennansoftware.com>
>Subject: I saw 7 new college mainframe hires!
>
>Last week I was invited to an IBM z15 meeting for a particular customer.
>  There were 7 younger folks in the row behind me who stood out among
>all the (let's say) "older" people there.  I was amazed when I found out
>they were recently hired out of college by the customer and are on a 3
>year mainframe training program.  Great work by the manager who pushed
>for a long-term solution, and got it approved.  I hope other companies
>hear about this and consider it.

A few weeks ago I went through some zPDT material with 3 young people
(very young, from my perspective!)
who were recently hired by a European customer. The customer's intention
was to "grow" new sysprogs.
Wow!  They were each using zPDT systems as their educational sandboxes.
Apparently a few companies
are preparing for the future.

Bill