We have a 3592-E07 and our leasing company is telling us the following. Anyone
have any thoughts? We really don’t have the funding for a mirrored VTS and if
it’s not mirrored then we lose our DR plan.

From leasing company.
The first item to be withdrawn from service will be the 3592-C07 at the end of
2020. The C07 is the controller for the tape drives and is required for z/OS or
z/VM to communicate with the 3592-E07 drives.

IBM has no direct attach tape products for z/OS, z/VM or zVSE. The best option
is to go with a VTS and locate a 2nd VTS at your DR site with replication
between the two sites. There is also the option to have an IBM VTS with access
to tape drives in a 3584 and then send those tapes offsite. To be able to use
those tapes for DR you would need another IBM VTS at you DR location.

Dean Nai