On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:03 PM Wayne Bickerdike <wayn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try Python, not unlike its superior language PL/I. <smirk>. I can
> handle the poorer syntax (just).

Although I reference APL in a previous message, my favorite language back
in college was PL/I. I haven't seen either language since. My favorite
language under MS-DOS was Turbo Pascal. I don't really have a favorite any
more because I'm being phased out along with z/OS (supposedly by the end of
this year, but I've not seen anything detailed yet -- guess I'm not
important enough to keep informed).

I am familiar with Python. Along with PERL, Java, REXX, COBOL, HLASM, Bash
scripting, awk and likely a few others that aren't coming to mind. I try to
use whatever language is easiest, IMO, depending on the problem. I use awk
quite a lot on z/OS to read a file and create control cards for utilities.

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><