Lennie,
The problem is occurring on a system running with a RACF database. This is
the second LPAR that is bing converted from Top Secret. The first did not
show this problem nor have any other systems we have converted.  It really
makes me wonder what the SECURITY.SYSLOG.USESAFRECVR SDSF property was
created for, as it solves this specific problem.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 5:21 PM Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw <
lenni...@rsmpartners.com> wrote:

> From what you are saying it appears you have a system that uses different
> security software at different times.
>
> I know somewhere between nothing and zero about TSS, but is it possible
> that TSS creates SYSLOG with an owner of *BYPASS* and that SDSF was
> attempting to access that SYSLOG spool file?
>
> The entry I referred to previously about *BYPASS* indicated an ACEE for
> user *BYPASS* would be created deliberately (and manually) in order to make
> use of a REQUEST=EXTRACT RACROUTE call.
>
> Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw | Security Lead | RSM Partners Ltd
> Email:            lenni...@rsmpartners.com
> Web:              www.rsmpartners.com
> ‘Dance like no one is watching. Encrypt like everyone is.’

Please excuse spelling - sent from my mobile.