We've had this conversation many times before. Utilities that use fopen() support DD:xxx and are not likely to change.

Gil is being pedantic. But maybe IBM should update the doc?

On 2020-05-06 8:31 PM, Kirk Wolf wrote:
cat DD:  isn't documented as supported?  :-)

what about "cp //DD:xxx /dev/fd1" - is that the shell?

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 3:50 PM Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

On Tue, 5 May 2020 13:12:44 -0500, Kirk Wolf wrote:
"deploy" ?

"employ"?

ISTR that this is your favorite example of using DD's in the shell :-)

cat //DD:MYDD

o FSVO "favorite".  See Appendix K of the Command Ref.  It's not
   supported; it may work by happenstance; if it breaks you get to
   keep both parts.

o If it happens to work it's because of "cat" and not "sh".  I'd
   expect it to behave alike under "bash".