The normal load-to-ready time for tape cartridges on a 3590 B11 is 23
seconds according to the specs, and most of my cartridges do load in abou
that time.  However, I have some cartridges that take over 5.5 minutes!

They are outwardly identical to those with normal load-to-ready times.

After they load they work just fine, so they're not "bad" in that sense.

They are all type "J" cartridges.  Anyone have any insight into why some

cartridges would have these excessive load-to-ready times and how to
correct it?

Brian Nielsen