We upgraded to z/VM 5.2 from z/VM 3.1 a month ago. We have noticed that some
printing using RSCS V3.2 appears to take 5 to 6 times as long to send
PostScript data to the XEROX DocuPrint 75 EPS printer then before. I have
reviewed all the exec which creates the output and they appear to be working as
before creating a PS file.  PPS is then used to print the file which contains
%!PS-Adobe-2-0 as the first record. The PS file is about 300,000 records, fix
length of 80. This I’m told is a small file and took about 6 minutes for RSCS
to send to the printer on this new release which took about a minute on the old
system.

The VM network has changed a little. We are using a VSWITCH instead of attached
OSA card to the TCP/IP stack. I would think this should improve the
performance. Both RSCS and TCPIP userid are only using 1 % of CPU cycles.

The RSCS definitions is as follows

LINKDEFINE E216LS   AST TYPE LPR
PARM E216LS   EXIT=LPRXPSE TCPID=TCPIP2 HOST=142.214.195.120 PR=e210np1
SYSTEM=YES EPARM='EOT=Y EH=N SEP=Y' USER=YES

Has anyone else experience any problems in this area?

Hans

Sent via the WebMail system at hmrconsultants.com

[This E-mail scanned for viruses]