On: Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 08:19:37AM -0400,Gary Eheman Wrote:

} While I do not have exactly the same problem as Jim, but since the
} thread is started, I do have a different issue in this area.
}
} My mail client is Thunderbird on Linux.  I am in DIGEST mode for the
} list.  Unlike other lists that I receive in DIGEST mode, all of the
} posts from the previous day in the daily email I receive are presented
} as attachments, not inline within that one email.  This presents a minor
}  but aggravating problem as Thunderbird likes to put a window at the
} bottom with the names of all the attachments which can then be
} seperately right-clicked on and perhaps saved.  When there has been an
} active day of posting, the size of that window listing the attachments
} can be so large as to leave very little room to view the actual content
} by scrolling down.  If Dan ever gets into maintenance mode on the list
} and if it could be made to include the previous day's posts inline
} instead of attachments, that would be good for me.

Gary, send the following to the listserv:

    query ibmvm

and see what options you have set.  There are basically 3 styles of
digest.  HTML, MIME, or neither.  If you have HTML or MIME, try the
other.  Different mailers work better with one or the other.

i.e. if you show HTML, send the command:

   set ibmvm nohtml mime

to the listserv and see it it works better.  Or set nomime nohtml if you
want the "traditional" digest.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67