I think I should know this one, but my mind has been filled up with
DB2/UDB and Oracle manuals.

But, we have DB2 for VM and VSE 7.3 running with PC based applications
(using the DRDA interface).

We just had an occurrance where the developer ran a "query from hell",
then thought "that's not right" and disconnected the DRDA session.  Then
modified the query and ran another "query from hell" and disconnected
again.

However, that didn't tell DB2 to terminate the query.

So, a couple hours later, I do a SHOW CONNECT to see what is tying up
DB2.  Both queries were started two hours earlier and have now used a
little more than an hour of CPU time, each.

No problem, just force the agents.

My LTIMEOUT is set to 600, which should be 10 minutes before abending
the query.  But this is only for a deadlock situation.

So....

1.  Is there some sort of parameter that will abend a LUW when the IP
connection is terminiated?
2.  Is there some sort of parameter that will abend a LUW after xxx
seconds?
3.  What does everyone else do, hopefully an automated task, for these
conditions at your shop?

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting