>I was under the impression that CPLOAD was merely a bootstrap for
>the other 2. Since our processor does not support CPLOAD64, I genned
>only the CPLOAD32 Module with our local mods to save disk
>space, and pointed directly to it with SAIPL.
>
>>Hello John,
>>
>>      Was there a reason to use CPLOAD32 or CPLOAD64 instead of
>>CPLOAD?
>>Performance, size, ... just nosey.

In z/VM Versions 3 and 4, CPLOAD contains both CPLOAD32 and CPLOAD64.
It is created by doing a COPYFILE APPEND of CPLOAD32 and CPLOAD64.

If you know which version of CP you want to IPL, you can just IPL either
CPLOAD32 or CPLOAD64.(CPLOAD32 will run in either an S/390 or
z/Architecture environment, but CPLOAD64 will not run in an S/390
environment).

The benefit of using CPLOAD is that it will decide for you which version
of CP to IPL and run. CPLOAD32 is IPLed first, and if the environment
supports z/Architecture it will switch over to CPLOAD64.

There is also an IPL parameter, ARCH390, which you could use to force
CPLOAD to run CPLOAD32 regardless of the environment.

John Franciscovich