On Wednesday, 04/19/2006 at 03:37 AST, Craig Dudley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question about where I find the meaning of a failure
> code of F6 for message DTCOSD066E when I try to start a device
> in my TCPIP stack that is attached to a persistent VSWITCH
> defined as ETHERNET VLAN UNAWARE.
>
> The VSWITCH is defined as:
>
> Define vswitch dtcvsw1 rdev b000 c000 connect controller dtcvsw1
> ethernet vlan unaware portname OSAE2P1 OSAE3P1
>
> My controller has been xautologged.
>
> My TCPIP device & link definition is:
>
> DEVICE dvnic01 OSD e000 PORTNAME DTCVSW1
> LINK lvnic01 QDIOETHERNET dvnic01 MTU 0 VLAN ANY
>
> When I start the device, I receive this DTCOSD66E message.
> TCP/IP Message and Codes is singularly unhelpful in digging
> out the misconfiguration problem.

First, get rid of all those PORTNAME specifications; you don't need them
and if you get them wrong, bad things happen.  Second, VM TCP/IP doesn't
support Layer 2.  Finally, you don't mention what level of z/VM you are
using, but in z/VM 5.2 we changed TCP/IP to issue a more useful error
message (DTCOSD355E) when it receives a F6.