Great!! My guess is that FCOPY is probably still so widely used inside IBM that it would be fixed if a new CMS broke something. Right?
Jim

At 11:48 AM 4/21/2006, you wrote:
Jim,
I have access to z/VM 5.2.0 and FCOPY.  I have done the following:
- create a new packlib from a set of files.
- list the contents of the new packlib.
- unpack the contents of the new packlib.
- list a set of files from a packlib created in 2002.
- unpack a set of files from a packlib created in 2002.

All of these tests were successful.
Doug Breneman  z/VM development  IBM Endicott, NY

Friday, April 21, 2006 11:18 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc:
From: Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FCOPY

A thought that I just had was that if someone who is currently running or
has access to z/VM 5.1 or 5.2 uses or can try FCOPY, maybe that would be
good enough.  We are on 4.4 right now but should be on 5.2 or whatever is
current next winter when we get a z/box.  Supposedly the mainframe will be
out of here in 3 years or so, so if FCOPY runs on V5, that should be
OK.  I'll be outta here in 2 1/2 years :-)
Jim

Jim Bohnsack
Cornell Univ.
(607) 255-1760