You are missing the TARGET filemode on the command.
Format is: VMXGNR  fn ft fm  OUTFM  exitname  EXEC|TEXT [NOPW | ENCRYPT]

So you want  VMXGNR USER DIRECT C U VMEXIT1 EXEC

(assuming U is where you accessed 1B0)

_______________________________________
James Vincent
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Technology Infrastructure Engineering
Mainframe, z/VM and z/Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-25-02
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5547    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 04/26/2006
01:59:43 PM: