On Wednesday, 05/03/2006 at 09:27 EST, "P. Raulerson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is a point where things get silly, and I think this is reaching it
> fast.  I can attest that the Systems/ASM product works great to compile
and
> create code for z/VM. As for copying the Macros to say, a PC - solely
for
> the purpose of compiling programs to run on VM - well - thank God IBM is
NOT
> Microsoft.

Having consulted with TPTB:

- Feel free to copy MACLIBs to your PC to assemble with System/ASM. Just
remember that you are obliged to take reasonable precautions to protect
them - they're IBM property.

- Feel free to assemble somone else's mod with HLASM and send them the
text deck.  (It's probably in both sender's and receiver's best interests
to get mgmt approval, if required, but that's just me.)

So, all common sense and all ok from IBM's perspective.

If you haven't read your license agreements, please do so.  I've read them
- they're relatively short and easy to read.  z/VM is licensed under IPLA,
a "base" IBM license, with additional license (the "license information
document")terms and and conditions layered on top.  You can find all the
z/VM licenses at the IBM Software License Agreements home page,
http://www.ibm.com/software/sla/sladb.nsf.  Navigate to the Search
function and enter "z/VM" (no quotes) to find it.