On Monday, 05/08/2006 at 09:05 AST, "Stracka, James (GTI)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We had a problem in the past when running an SFS SVM at a higher CMS
> level than CP.  Specifically the VMSYS: SVM took an abend.  We now
> insure that CP is always higher than or equal to both CMS and GCS.

Generally the order to use is:
- CP first
- then CMS (with LE)
- then TCP/IP (stack, apps, SSL)
- GCS whenever

>From time to time there may be specific exceptions that need tigher
bindings that you usually (!) hear about in advance, but this generally
works.  If you wander too far afield from this order, you risk getting
yourself into an unsupportable configuration.

We don't test new-on-top-of-old, but typically test old-on-new as that
reflects the realities of our development and incremental "function test"
process.  The full-blown "system test", however, is primarily a new-on-new
environment since it proceeds according to the documented procedures for
installing a z/VM system.