On Thursday, 05/18/2006 at 05:09 GMT, "Thompson, Ira CTR WHS/ITMD/ZEN"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are running z/VM 3.1 and 5.1 on an IBM z/890 with z/VM TCP/IP 510. We
> have 2 OSA cards with 2 ports each. My question, how do we find the MAC
> address from this system so that we can obtain PKI certificates?

OSA/SF will reveal the real OSA MAC, but if you get into Layer 2 OSA, then
virtual MAC addresses (assigned by the operating system) will be used. The
nice thing about a virtual MAC is that it can move along with the server
itself.