Since you are an OS/390 guy, you could also use FDR after shutting down
the guests on VM.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jon Brock
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:16 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Moving a guest to new DASD

        We have a new DASD subsystem in, and I will need to move our
existing Linux guests over to it.  Would I be OK using DDR to copy the
guests (after shutting them down first, of course), or is there a better
way to do it?  I'm a z/OS guy; I am still new to VM.  (Well, actually,
we have had it a while now; I just rarely get to do much with it.)

Thanks,
Jon

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/