From: Kris Buelens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:18 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Moving a guest to new DASD

There is no need to format disks before you fill them with DDR.  DDR performs a formatting write.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

"Loren Charnley, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2006-05-23 16:44

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

cc

Subject

Re: Moving a guest to new DASD

Jon,

I have been successful in using DDR to copy the volumes.  The one big step
that I originally over looked was to format the new volumes before the DDR
restore. I have just finished copying two LINUX guests to a new storage
array and it is now in production.

Loren Charnley, Jr.
IT Systems Engineer
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.