On Monday, 06/05/2006 at 04:56 AST, "Stracka, James (GTI)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are attempting to have an LPD Daemon transmit print data to RSCS from
> a Solaris machine.

You'd be far better off to use the LPD links in RSCS rather than the
antiquarian LPSERVE.

> When the print file comes into the daemon we see the following messages
> on the console:
>
> Filter " " not supported.  Job abandoned.
I'm guessing that if you spooled the console and edited it, you will
probably find something other than a blank between the quotes.  (But maybe
not!)

> We did have a FILTERS statement (FILTERS f l p r) after the TAG
> statement and received the same messages.

Right.  The command code sent by the client is annoying LPSERVE since it
only supports f, l, p, and r.  If the code is really blank, that would be
a problem since that's not defined in the LPR protocol.