I do this to provide minidisk descriptions:

   MDISK 190 3390 sta size RR read write mult * CMS REL20 DEC2005

The advantage is you can avoid providing non-random passwords (especially

for the multi).

You *HAVE* to provide all 3 passwords, but everything after that is
ignored, so you're also not limited to 3 words.  I include the '*' for

readability, but it's not required.

I doubt DIRMAINT or VMSECURE will let you do this, but if you do the
directory by hand it works fine.

Even better would be if the directory statement syntax recognized some

delimiter as the start of a comment and ignored the remainder of that
source line the same way it ignores immbedded comments in statements that

can be continued across multiple source lines.

Brian Nielsen

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:22:35 +0200, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>