Hello Mike and Jim,

        Thanks for the response.  I am making a second level machine.
Pretty much the same as the others I have made.

        IPLs clean and I am doing well.

        It just seems to me that COPY CPVOL should get all the required
CP stuff.  I keep forgetting that COPY CPVOL just does not get all of
the
Directory area.

        Thanks for all bits and pieces.

Ed Martin